Week 3

When it comes to my favorite shows and movies, the genres are a variety. I'm not someone who can usually decide on one specific thing. I like to have different options because I often get tired of the same thing. I'll go over some of my favorite movies and what I love about them. 

To start off, my favorite movie ever is Pixar's Cars! A lot of people would say this movie is strictly for kids, which I completely disagree (and no, I'm not a Disney adult). I know people probably wouldn't pick a movie with talking cars as their first choice, but let me explain. Although the target audience may be kids, that does not mean it can't be enjoyed by adults. There are some adult jokes in it, such as the famous flashing scene. I think it's clever of Disney to sneak things like that in the movie. There are videos that talk about this, and I think it's an amusing watch!

Things Only Adults Notice In Cars

I know a lot of people would say it's a cliche plot, cocky character in a luxurious life is humbled by things not so luxurious, and has the character development of a lifetime. Which is a common plot, though I believe the fact that it's talking cars in the world of racing that makes it unique. I think it was executed nicely, and there are many factors that make this story not so unique. I haven't seen a lot of movies with someone in the racing world, and usually racers aren't portrayed as cocky, it's usually a singer or an actor or someone in a very popular industry. I also think all the actors fit their characters perfectly. Owen Wilson as McQueen, Larry the Cable Guy as Mater, Paul Newman as Doc Hudson... iconic!

Call me a kid, but every time I see the King get tumbled over it actually makes me emotional! I just love everything about this movie, and nothing will ever change my mind.

That being said, another type of narrative I enjoy are comedies. Superbad and the Hangover franchise are some of my favorites. There really is nothing to say other than I love a good laugh, and as stupid as they may seem... that's exactly why they are so enjoyable. The fact that four grown adults got so blacked out that they lost their friend and had to go around Vegas asking for witnesses is something I wouldn't want to miss. If I heard that with no context I'd want to know the details.

Tom Hanks is my favorite actor. And he's performed amazingly in all his movies in my opinion! One of my favorites being Forrest Gump-- a drama and romance story. Though I'm not huge on romance, a lot of movies come with that which usually add spice, which is good! Forrest Gump has a genius plot, incorporating two decades of history where one single person has had an impact on the major events is so clever. I remember my 8th grade history teacher showing us the movie because of all the history it has. Tom Hanks plays a variety of characters with a variety street smarts, which is why he's my favorite. Forrest Gump, Viktor Navorski, Captain Miller, the conductor in the Polar Express-- so many great people! 


















And lastly, I gotta save some room for action movies. My favorite being the Marvel franchise of course. I have a short attention span, so if I'm having a day where I'm not feeling to focused on watching something, Marvel is the way to go. I mean, how can you turn away from people trying to kill each other? I want to see who wins!




Comments

  1. I love all Tom Hanks movies, but Forrest Gump has to be my overall favorite. Glad to see someone sharing a common interest with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts