Week 10

Our Fascination Project is almost done at this point-- we all contacted each other and met on Wednesday evening close to sunset in order to get the lighting we wanted. Yelena, Marat and I carpooled to a wooded area near some train tracks. When we got there, we decided it was still a little too bright to film, so we ran through our story to kill time as well as figure out what each of us was doing. Yelena also got fake blood from her friend so we also spent a couple minutes putting that on her. I've become more comfortable being an actor lately, but my other two group members were okay with being in front of the camera. I would film and edit.

Filming was fun because we all were pretty comfortable with each other so we weren't afraid to mess up. I also discovered it wasn't as easy to film in the wooded area because of all the branches coming from all directions. I was also afraid of tripping while doing shots where I was walking backwards, but successfully made it through the shoot without any injuries! Yelena decided to go around barefoot in the woods which I thought was insane and painful.


We filmed in the woods for about an hour, which was great timing and went back to Yelena's room to film the last 20ish seconds of the video. This part took 20-30 minutes. Marat was playing the "possessed monster" character, so we thought it would be fun to have him floating in the air (or, give the illusion of that). He lifted himself with furniture while I recorded just his feet, then he got on the chair and slowly stood up to make it seem like he was floating, all with a black shirt on his face. It actually turned out nice!

We got to experiment and control the lighting a lot more, and the shot turned out so cool! I edited the video the next day, and it didn't take a long time but we all loved the way it turned out. Yelena felt like there wasn't much of a plot, so she is going to go in an add some effects in order to make it more clear. 

Comments

  1. SUCH a great project, Reyna! I'm proud of you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA reading it through your perspective is awesome. I had a great time filming with you and would definitely do it again! Your editing skills are prime and Marat makes an excellent demon/monster/thing. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts