Week 13

Jaws - Rotten Tomatoes
I've actually never seen Jaws before, and honestly when the class decided to watch it I wasn't that excited. I ended up being so invested in the plot. I can see now why it's a classic film. Roy Scheider's character was great, as well as having those other characters that served as a source of doubt. I don't know much about the history of the shark genre, but it is definitely something that made a mark in film. Steven Spielberg is a very iconic director, and I believe Jaws does a great job of conveying all sorts of emotions. I mean I'll be honest, it is a pretty predictable plot buuuut the events leading up to the big kill kept me on my toes. The music combined with the characters and their emotions was perfect. 

Jaws is one of many classic movies that I've only recently had the pleasure of viewing. I can't tell you how many times someone's told me "you haven't seen that before!?" And it's not because I live under a rock! My mom was super protective about what we watched as kids, I'm talking mega rule follower. My brother and I weren't allowed to watch Spongebob until we were 7. As we transitioned into middle and high school she didn't care anymore, but that aspect of our childhood did have a little bit of an impact on us culturally. There are shows that were widely watched by kids that my brother and I never watched as kids. Although sometimes it was frustrating, it does open up a new perspective when it comes to these things. I can make a long list of classic/popular movies from the past that I've seen in the past 3 years. 

When it comes to movies, I'd honestly say I lived under a rock. I didn't really develop an interest in movies until college, really. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that when I was 12, I was watching youtubers rather than movies. I was that weird kid. Which is fine now, because that point in my life I was so invested in my favorite youtubers it was all that occupied my mind. Now I know that that isn't necessarily healthy, and being that big of a fan of someone, especially someone who is only present online, can take a toll on you. Cringe time in my life, but great learning experience. 

Comments

Popular Posts