Week 16

I'll be honest, initially I was iffy about this class, I thought it was going to be annoying and boring but it was quite the opposite! I'm so glad I got a great professor and a relatively large class. The things we discussed in class were interesting and I had lots of things to say about them. I was also exposed to films I'd never seen before, which was also something I enjoyed! I like that a lot of the work was analyzing and reflecting on films and theories, which I haven't taken a lot of time to do prior to this class. 

Vertigo | Cast, Plot, Characters, Summary, & Facts | Britannica
One of my favorite screenings was Rear Window. It sparked my interest in viewing older films, and James Stewart as an actor. I was so invested in the film I couldn't wait to come back to the next class sessions to see what happened! I enjoyed this film so much I showed it to my mom, and she also loved it. Because of this, I also watched Vertigo also directed by Alfred Hitchcock starring James Stewart. Another screening I liked was Jaws. A classic, and as I talked about in my other post it was my first time seeing it. I think this class was a great way to view this movie if I'm being honest.

Another screening I particularly enjoyed was the fascination projects. I loved seeing what everyone had to create and what stories they came up with, as well as inspiration they took from other directors/films. I also appreciated the fact that we were told we didn't have to make a video, but everyone did so anyways. This project also shows that even if you don't have much experience in video editing/acting/producing, you can still make something great and entertaining! I love that for everyone! Personally, I haven't explored making content in the horror genre, and it was so fun both filming and editing our film. I also really appreciated all the freedom we were given to do the project. It made the project itself less stressful.

This class along with my video storytelling class has gotten me to pay more attention to the aspects of the films/shows I watch. I pay much more attention to the editing, the storytelling skills through video, camera angles, acting, etc. I strive to be the best I can be when it comes to making films, so I will use the techniques used by other directors to improve my own skills. 

Some film recommendations:

White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch (2022) - IMDb
Lars and the Real Girl starring Ryan Gosling
The Truman Show starring Jim Carrey
The Terminal starring Tom Hanks
Catch Me if You Can starring Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio
Forgotten starring Kang Ha-neul, Kim Mu-yeol, Lee Eun Woo, Yeon Je-hyung
Pursuit of Happyness starring Will and Jaden Smith
Knives Out starring Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas
White Hot: the Rise and Fall of Abercrombie & Fitch (documentary)

These are some good ones. I'd have a lot more but they have a lot of language and sex.. not sure that'd be something to show. Feel free to reach out for those recommendations though...





Comments

  1. It was a pleasure to have you in class, Reyna!

    Also: Lars and the Real Girl starring Ryan Gosling!!! YES.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts