Week 9

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I am currently taking a video storytelling class. It's nice taking that class and FILM 100 at the same time because a lot of the content overlaps. Reading about cinematography is something that is so familiar, because whenever I make a video I do all of those steps without even realizing it. I also partake in photography, which isn't necessarily as time consuming but can still be just as sophisticated. When it comes to cinematography, you have more to work with such as sound/music, and moving pictures alone make it that much easier. Though, I don't see one as easier than the other. I'm not someone who always likes to be challenged, but when it comes to photography and cinematography, they are both something I love being challenged in. There are many things I love about both of them, and will never be afraid to learn more about them. I believe both have no limit to where you can learn. I find joy in them.

Because I've had a decade in cinematography, I found myself majoring in interactive media here at NCC. I started making videos when I was around 10 years old, and looking back at my old videos seeing how much I've learned over the years is a great feeling. That being said, being introduced to the Fascination Project I was excited to have been given the option to do pretty much whatever I wanted with the project. We were told we could take pictures that all work together to make a story, or take pictures from google to do the same thing, or make a video of some sorts to put the story together. Though pictures seemed to be the thing that was most talked about, my group was on board to make a video.

I ended up choosing the horror genre, because I've never really made anything in that genre before. I believed it would be fun to produce and edit. My group was small, which was honestly nice and easier so we could line up our schedules. We came up with several different ideas such as-- last person on earth, possession, sleep paralysis, and more. While brainstorming, we thought of horror movies we'd seen and even things that have happened in real life to base our story off of. One idea one of my group members came up with was based around a drug epidemic, which was really neat. We also talked about the Russian sleep experiment, which though it turned out to be fake it was something in the horror genre that we could have definitely based our story off of. In the end, we chose our top 3 favorite ideas and combined them to start a story. 

Comments

Popular Posts